For some women, testing reproductive hormones (progesterone, estrogen, etc.) on a single day issufficient. In other scenarios, the clinical picture cannot be properly captured without “mapping” out the hormonal pattern throughout their menstrual cycle.
WHEN IS DUTCH CYCLE MAPPING RECOMMENDED?
· Women struggling with infertility
- · Women with cycling hormones and no menses· Partial hysterectomy (ovaries intact but no uterus) · Ablations
· Mirena IUD (no actual menstrual bleeding due toIUD but still has hormonal symptoms)
- · Women with irregular cycles· PCOS
· If the luteal phase shifts from month-to-month
· Not sure when to test due to long or short cycles
- · Women whose hormonal symptoms tend to fluctuate throughout the cycle· PMS, mid-cycle spotting, migraines, etc.